Some companies out there have done a GREAT JOB—not necessarily at settling your tax disputes with the IRS, but at finding a way to line their pockets and give YOU a legitimate reason not to trust them! Some companies see you, in a desperate situation, as an opportunity to make a buck, whether they help you or not! As a tax resolution firm, we have received plenty of calls from honest Americans who have already fallen victim to dishonest scamming tax relief companies.
Based on our experience and what we have learned from customers who have been tricked in the past, we have some helpful advice to offer you in your search for an honest tax resolution company:
- Beware of companies who promise results before asking you any questions. If you call for advice from a tax relief company, the first thing they should be doing is asking you questions. If the company is legitimately focused on what is best for you, they should be learning about YOU! It’s possible that you don’t even need a settlement, so if you’re promised one before your situation is explained, you can bet they are more concerned about themselves.
- Do your homework. This is not the time to settle for anything less than an “A.” Luckily, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) gives “grades” (ratings) on companies, based on a number of factors, including customer satisfaction. Check out what the BBB has to say about a company you are considering using to help you solve your debt crisis.
- Ripoffreport.com. Many consumers will post a complaint on ripoffreport.com. This is another valuable website to conduct an initial level of due diligence.
- Google. It’s the easiest way to find complaints. Check out what other people have said. If the internet is littered with dis-satisfied customers, you probably need to Google a new company.
- Who owns the company? If someone is hiding, then you have a problem. An honest company has a visible owner who stands behind their firm. When you check out a company’s website, do they provide the name and background? When you call, ask for a name, then do a second Google search on that person.
- Go with your gut. If you have an overwhelming feeling you’re about to get ripped off, start looking for someone else! There are plenty of companies out there to choose from, so just look for another one!
Face it; this is an incredibly emotional time for you. You are overwhelmed with anxiety and scared for your future. However, with the right tools in place, you can make a rational decision about what is best for you and who the best professionals are to solve your problems.
If you think you may need a tax resolution company, give Victory Tax Solutions a call at (877) 772-0123. The only result we promise is to help you figure out what is best for you.
Publishing Rights: You may republish this article in your web site, newsletter, or ebook, on the condition that you agree to leave the article, author’s signature, and all links completely intact.